Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Friends Forever

My best friend is getting married next month! I have mixed emotions. I am very happy for her, because insha Allah it will be a positive change in her life, but I also wonder if we will 'move apart'.

We have been friends for so many years that I don't even remember the first time I met her. In fact, there wasn't much choice. We are related, and she happens to be a sort of aunt to me. However, since we are the same age, we have conveniently overlooked that factor and mutually agreed to not call each other aunt and niece(an unsaid/unwritten contract between us). So she is one friend who knows me since I was 'this' small, chubby little girl. And still she continues to love me!

Our friendship has gone through some trying times when we thought we were thoroughly fed up of each other, and each of us thought the other was acting like a really stupid,idiotic person. But I am glad that our differences got sorted out, and I still have her as my best friend. We have always stood by each through thick and thin.

In my heart, I know we will continue to be just as dear to each other, whatever the future may hold. At the same time, I feel as if another phase in life is coming to an end. Well, we have been through many phases in our friendship, and it continues to evolve all the time. I just pray fervently that she may have the best things in this life and hereafter.

Acha enough of the sappy emotions, I am really, really, really excited and have been planning, doing shopping, deciding what to wear etc. for weeks. Plus, I am going back home for the wedding, so that is a double treat! Now I am so thrilled that I cannot even be bothered about crappy airlines...I am planning to enjoy my trip to home and have a blast on her wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment